We’re old but new. Wisewoulds has been practising law in Melbourne since 1853, and Mahonys since 1885. Although we’re proud of this heritage we are dedicated to modern work practices, flexible costing and the use of the most up to date technology in the practice of law.
We don’t pretend to be what we’re not. We’re a leading medium sized Melbourne law firm. The firm also provides clients a range of fee options including fixed fees, capped fees and fees based on the scope of services. Clients can therefore budget with certainty for their legal costs.
30 Years of Specialised Franchise Industry Knowledge
• Legal and consulting advice to Franchisors & Franchisees
• Code compliance requirements
• Dispute resolution – mediation – strategies & solutions
• Sale/Purchase of Franchise Systems
• Employment Law and Workplace Relations Specialists
• Master Franchising
• International Franchising
• Business Law Specialists
Robert is an Accredited Business Law Specialist with expertise in the following areas.
• Franchising - acting for both Franchisors (local and international) Franchisees, Master Franchisees, Area Developers;
• Franchise dispute resolution acting for both Franchisors and Franchisees - solutions and strategies - mediation;
• Mergers and Acquisitions of small to large business;
• Liquor Licensing and Gaming;
• Retail leasing, property and development projects, joint venture syndicates;
• Establishing companies in Australia for foreign companies;
• Licensing and Distribution, commercial and contractual agreements, software licensing and development agreements;
• General commercial, corporate advice and consultancy, shareholder / unitholder Agreements and buyouts;
• Corporations Law - director's duties, corporate compliance and ASIC prosecutions of directors;
• Pharmacy Law - advice to Pharmacists and Pharmacy Representative organisations such as Pharmaceutical Defence Limited (PDL); and
• Contract - Tenders and Trade Practices Law (Competition and Consumer Act 2010).
• Renewable Energy Law – Solar – Regulator requirements of ORER and the Clean Energy Council (CEC).
Robert holds the following memberships and associations:
• Franchise Council of Australia ("FCA");
• International Franchise Lawyers Association ("IFLA");
• Franchise Association of New Zealand ("FANZ");
• Member of the US Commercial Service;
• Board member and Company Secretary (corporate compliance) Elwood Community Bank (under franchise of the Bendigo Bank); and
• Advisory Board member to franchisor clients.
He has numerous published articles in the Australian Financial Review, Franchise magazines and Journals on Franchise law and on the internet.