Fernando Aguirre B
Av. José Salmón Ballivián (Los Alamos) No. 322, La Florida
Tel: +591 2 2776628/ +591 2 2776627
Fax: +591 2 2114222
Bufete Aguirre Soc. Civ. has been in the Bolivia commercial/business legal market for over 75 years. It renders services in all and related areas of business law. It has offices in the two main cities of Bolivia, La Paz and Santa Cruz. In the area of dispute resolution it handles administrative and civil cases either through its own Dispute Resolution Group headed by partner Milenka Saavedra or in more complex cases with the associated law firm of Peres & Mendoza.
Its Arbitration group is headed by partner Fernando Aguirre B., a registered arbitrator at the Centers for Conciliation and Arbitration of the National Chamber of Commerce and the National Chamber of Hydrocarbons; past listed arbitrator at ICSID and arbitrator in the list of the Kuala Lumpur Regional Arbitration Center. He is a member of the Latin American Group of the ICC and of the Latin America Arbitration Association. A strong IP department is headed by partner Perla Koziner.
Fernando Aguirre B.
University Studies & Further Education:
• University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (1962).
• Universidad Mayor de San Andrés (UMSA), Facultad de Derecho, Ciencias Políticas y Sociales; La Paz, Bolivia (1963-1968).
• University of Oxford, Faculty of Law, Oxford, England (1970-1971).
• America University, Washington School of Law. First Annual International Commercial Arbitration (2004).
• Advanced PIDA Training, ICC, Paris (2010).
• License in Law, Political and Social Sciences, UMSA, La Paz, (1968).
• Attorney at law, UMSA, La Paz (1968 ).
• Diploma in Law, Oxford University (1971).
Current Main Activities:
• Attorney at law. Senior Partner Bufete Aguirre, Soc. Civ. (La Paz), founded 1940. A law firm specialised in commercial and corporate law. In practice since 1968.
• Chairman of the Board of Directors Embotelladoras Bolivianas Unidas S.A. (Coca Cola Bottlers in Bolivia ); Vice President of the Board of Directors of Inversora Los Andes S.A..
• Honorary Legal Advisor to the British Ambassador in Bolivia.
• “Sindico” of: Empresa Minera San Cristobal S.A., Bolivia (Sumitomo Corp.); SILEX S.A. and MEMISA S.A.
• Past President & Director. American Chamber of Commerce of Bolivia.
• Admitted as arbitrator. List of Arbitrators. Center for Conciliation and Arbitration (CCA). National Chamber of Commerce of Bolivia.
• Admitted to Panel or Arbitrators, ICSID, Washington, 2004. Resigned 2007 as consequence of Bolivia’s denunciation of the Washington Convention.
• Admitted as arbitrator. List of Arbitrators Center of Arbitration National Chamber of Hydrocarbons.
• Admitted as arbitrator. List of Arbitrators Kuala Lumpur Regional Arbitration Center. Malaysia.
• International Bar Association.
• La Paz and Santa Cruz Bar Associations.
• Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
• American Bar Association.
• Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
• Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada.
• Member Latin American Arbitration Association.
• Member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
• Member of the Latin America Arbitration Group of the ICC.
• Member of the Latin America Arbitration Association.